UCSF Communicators Network Resources
Deliver an announcement
Corrections or additions for this page? Contact Frank Farm (415-502-5372, email@example.com).
- To schedule premium poster space behind shuttle drivers and facing passengers, email firstname.lastname@example.org (University Relations) as soon as possible.
- To schedule overhead poster space (above passengers’ heads) on all shuttles (except Grey):
- Must be printed on landscape orientation, 24"×11.5"
- Contact: Derrick Tyler (415-476-6871, email@example.com)
Open bulletin boards
- Medical Sciences, 1st floor elevator lobby
- Medical Sciences, 2nd floor, near Health Sciences East
- Medical Sciences, S-956 Student Center, accessible only to PharmD students
- Health Sciences East, 2nd and 3rd floors
- Health Sciences West, 3rd floor, outside classrooms
- Nursing, 3rd floor outside the kitchen door to Leaf & Ladle, 3 bulletin boards at this location
- Nursing, by elevators, 3rd to 7th floors
- Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences junction elevator, 1st floor
- Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences junction elevator, 5th to 7th floors
- UCSF Mission Bay Hospitals: Digital Signage best (see below). Bulletin boards as follows:
- 1825 4th St. entrance to Medical Building, right of information desk on 1st floor
- 1855 4th St. entrance to Bakar Cancer Hospital, behind information desk on 1st floor
- Elevator banks on each floor have holders for 8×11" flyers
- Genentech Hall, floors 2, 3, 4, 5 facing the main elevators
- Mission Hall Lobby, bulletin board left and behind security desk
- Rock Hall, lobby and each floor top of stairs (some are locked)
- Smith Cardiovascular Research Institute building (CVRB), lobby and each floor by elevators
- Sander Building – NO bulletin boards or digital signage
- 2nd floor hallway leading to The View Café
Easels in Building Lobbies and Entranceways
- Place online request to Facilities Management (415-476-2021, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Customer-funded work
- One work order per building.
- More info: Custodial
- Contact: Christopher Gonzalez (415-476-2021, email@example.com)
Millberry Union: Contact: Alex Lai (415-476-9876, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Digital signage at over 58 locations
See Digital Signage.
Other digital signage locations
- Parnassus Cafeteria: Send requested dates and sign (1080×1920 pixels at 72 dpi, vertical), one week notice. Contact: Lisa Faucon (415-353-8254, email@example.com)
- Parnassus Medical Sciences Building 9th Floor: In the elevator lobby of the 9th floor of the Medical Sciences building, a wall-mounted television displays announcements moderated by the School. Any UCSF entity is welcome to submit a posting to this display. For details, see Kiosk on Medical Sciences 9.
Web and E-newsletter announcements
FIRST add your event to the UCSF campus calendar
UCSF Announcements E-Newsletter
UCSF Announcements, a brief compilation of upcoming events, is sent monthly to all UCSF academic faculty and all non-Medical Center UCSF staff.
- Once the event is added to campus calendar, submit a text-only announcement before the first of the month to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Images and other attachments are not accepted.
UCSF University Relations Pulse E-Newsletter
UCSF School of Medicine News Links E-Newsletter
- News Links is sent out at the beginning of the month to all school faculty and staff. The date and title of your event will be listed with a clickable link to your website.
- Selected upcoming events can be highlighted on SOM home page with a link to your website or calendar entry for more information.
- Once information is posted on your website, send the link to Sarah Paris (415-502-6450, email@example.com).
Visit the UCSF Smart Mail website for a list of e-newsletter contacts and email best practices and tips.
Student Success website
The Student Weekly Email is produced by Student Academic Affairs. It's sent to all students every Thursday afternoon and contains a compilation of events and announcements relevant to all students. To submit content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.This e-newsletter is linked to the Student Success website (which has replaced the Student Inside Guide).
Other UCSF Schools
- School of Nursing: TBD but for now Zina Mirsky (415-476-9710, email@example.com).
- School of Pharmacy: Susan Levings (415-502-8283, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Graduate Division: Director Jeannine Cuevas (415-514-4852, email@example.com).
- School of Dentistry: Melissa Telli (415-514-8136, firstname.lastname@example.org)
For other web coverage suggestions
Social Media Platforms
- Social Media Policies for UCSF Hosted or Branded Accounts
- Social Media Policies for Personal (non-UCSF accounts)
Twitter is a social media platform that delivers 140-character messages via SMS and web. Public tweets are instantly indexed and made available through special search engines, making this one of the fastest ways to get messages across. More details: Twitter on Wikipedia, Twitter official site. Related: Frank Farm’s list of UCSF Twitter streams, a SOM list of UCSF Twitter streams.
If you have snail mail mailing addresses for recipients (either UCSF-internal or USPS-external), you can create printed postcards or letters. Design your own, contact Campus Life Services Design Services or Public Affairs, or have the work created outside of UCSF—for recommendations see the Communicators Network vendor database, which requires Communicators Network membership and MyAccess credentials.